Do you want to schedule an automatic shutdown in Windows 11? This article will guide you how to set auto shutdown at specific time on Windows 11 PC. When your clock reaches the scheduled time, your Windows 11 PC will shut down immediately.
No matter why you are doing this, there can be many reasons. When he is not working on his PC, he falls asleep after the chosen time. But it doesn’t shut down properly, you need to turn off your PC to shut it down completely.
Schedule Automatic Shutdown In Windows 11
Scheduling auto shutdown is Windows 11 feature and you don’t have to install any third-party software to perform this. Here, I am going to show you the 3 best ways to set Automatic Shutdown In Windows 11.
Way 1: Using Task Scheduler
You can use the task scheduler to set automatic shutdown in Windows 11. Follow the below-given steps to schedule automatic shutdown in Windows 11.
- Click on the Windows button and search Task Scheduler in the top search bar.
- Open the Task Scheduler tool and click on the Task Scheduler Library from the left-sidebar.
- Hit the Create Task option from the right-sidebar.
- Now a new window will appear on your screen. There you have to enter a name under the General tab for your task such as “Shutdown Task or Windows is going to shut down” or anything else. Provide a description as well.
- Make sure that the “Run only when the user is locked in” box is checked on. You can change it to all users too.
- Mark the Run with the highest privileges checkbox.
- Tap on the drop-down menu next to the Configure for and select Windows 10 from the list.
- Now move to the Triggers tab, and click on the New button on the bottom-left side of Create Task app.
- A new Trigger window will appear on your screen. Select the On a schedule option from the Begin the task drop-down menu. If you want to Schedule Auto Shutdown daily on your Windows 11 PC, then choose Daily or you can choose according to your need.
- Now set the Date and Time when you want to shut down your PC. Make sure that the Enabled box is checked on and click on OK.
- Move to the Actions tab and click on the New button. Make sure to select the Start a program option next to the Actions dropdown menu.
- Type Shutdown.exe under the Program/script box.
- Now type /s /t 60 “Computer will shutdown in 60 seconds” in the Add arguments box and click on the OK button to save the settings.
- Finally, Move to the Conditions tab and uncheck the Start the task only if the computer is on AC power box.
- Uncheck the box saying Stop if the computer switches to battery power.
- Now check the Wake the computer to run this task checkbox. Click the OK button to save the settings.
- When you will click the OK button, you will be asked to enter the Password of your account to save the changes.
- Once you did all the things, A new Task can be seen under the Task Scheduler sidebar. You can easily delete that task from there if you encounter any errors.
That’s it!! Your task has been scheduled and your PC will automatically shut down at the specific time that you have entered in the task.
Way 2: Use Run Box
You can also use Run Box to set automatic shutdown on your Windows 11 PC. However, it will work for only one time. If you are downloading or installing anything on your PC and want to shut down your Windows 11 PC after two or three hours or at any time, then you can use it this way.
Step 1: Open the Run Box by pressing the Windows + R key on your Windows keyboard.
Step 2: Type shutdown -s -t 3600 in the box and click the OK button. Now your Windows 11 PC will automatically shut down after 1 hour.
Note: Multiply the time value by 3600 i.e. “7200” for 2 hours or “14400” for 4 hours.
To cancel this command, Open the Run box again and type shutdown -a and click on the OK button.
Way 3: Use Command Prompt
You can Schedule Automatic Shutdown in your Windows 11 PC by using Command Prompt. The same principle applies to the Command Prompt where you have to enter the shutdown -s -t 3600 value and hit the Enter button.
Step 1: Click on the Windows button and search cmd in the top search bar. Right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
Step 2: Type shutdown -s -t 3600 and hit the Enter button. That’s it!! Your Windows 11 PC will automatically shut down after 1 hour. To cancel this command, type shutdown -a to the next line and hit the Enter button.
Wrap Up: Schedule Automatic Shutdown In Windows 11
So this was all about how you can schedule automatic shut down on your Windows 11 PC. By following the above steps, you will be able to set a specific time when your PC can be turned off.
You can do this on your Windows 11 PC and you don’t need any third-party software to perform this action. I hope you like this article and you will be able to set auto shut down on your Windows 11 device.
If you have any queries regarding this, feel free to ask us via below comment section. Visit here for more Windows guides and tips like this.