Perth Stadium, currently known as Optus Stadium for sponsorship reasons, is a multi-purpose stadium in Perth, Western Australia, located in the suburb of Burswood. It was completed in late 2017 and officially opened on 21 January 2018.
The stadium’s total capacity is 61,266, including standing room, making it the third-largest stadium in Australia (after the Melbourne Cricket Ground and Stadium Australia). The stadium can be extended up to 65,000 seats for rectangular sports.
ICC T20 World Cup 2022 Schedule, Fixtures, Matches at Perth Stadium, Perth. Watch Men’s T20 world cup 2022 updates, news. T20 WC 2022 fixtures, schedule, teams, squads, groups, live telecast and live streaming info.
ICC T20 World Cup 2022 Matches at Perth Stadium, Perth:
Perth Stadium and the surrounding park is located east of the Perth CBD, on the Burswood Peninsula. With views of the picturesque Swan River and Perth city in the west and the foothills in the east, this 60,000-seat, world-class, multi-purpose stadium hosts a variety of sports and entertainment events including Australian Football League, international and Big Bash League cricket, soccer, rugby league, and union plus concerts. The stadium officially opened on 21 January 2018.
The ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 has announced its fixtures for the October 16 – November 13 event. The world’s best cricketers from 16 international teams will clash in 45 matches as the pinnacle global event in men’s T20 cricket comes to Australia for the first time. The following international matches will be played at Perth Stadium:
|22nd Oct 2022||England vs Afghanistan||14th||1||16:30 IST | 11:00 GMT | 19:00 Local|
|25th Oct 2022||Australia vs A1||19th||1||16:30 IST | 11:00 GMT | 19:00 Local|
|27th Oct 2022||Pakistan vs B1||24th||2||16:30 IST | 11:00 GMT | 19:00 Local|
|30th Oct 2022||Pakistan vs A2||29th||2||12:30 IST | 07:00 GMT | 18:00 Local|
|30th Oct 2022||India vs South Africa||30th||2||16:30 IST | 11:00 GMT | 19:00 Local|
Full fixtures and ticketing information are available at t20worldcup.com
First Round Play Teams:
- Group A: Sri Lanka, Namibia, United Arab Emirates, TBD
- Group B: Ireland, Scotland, West Indies, TBD
Super 12 Play Teams:
- Group 1: Australia, England, New Zealand, Afghanistan, Group A Winner, Group B Runner-up
- Group 2: Pakistan, India, South Africa, Bangladesh, Group B Winner, Group A Runner-up
ICC T20 World Cup 2022 Full Schedule:
ICC T20 WC 2022 cricket tournament will be starting on 16 October – 13 November 2022. 16 teams will play a total of 42 matches. In the T20 World Cup Schedule, 12 matches will be played in First Round and 30 matches will be played in the Super 12. After that, Semi-Finals and Final matches will be played. You can see the complete schedule of ICC T20 WC 2022 on the link given below.
Perth Stadium Information:
|Also Known as:||Optus Stadium|
|Owner:||Government of Western Australia, VenuesWest|
|Ends Name:||Langer Stand End, Member’s End|
|Field Size:||165 m × 130 m|
|Home Teams:||Perth Scorchers (BBL, WBBL)|
Western Australia (Sheffield Shield, Marsh Cup)
West Coast Eagles (AFL)
Fremantle Football Club (AFL)
Australia national rugby union team (Rugby Union)
|Others Sports:||Archery, Athletics, Baseball, American Football, Highland Games, Hockey, Lacrosse, Lawn Tennis, Rugby Union, Quoits and Soccer|
|Time Zone:||UTC +08:00|
|Surface:||Synthetic stabilized turf|
Optus Stadium is a multi-purpose venue seating 60,000 people in AFL mode. It also hosts cricket, rugby league and union, football (soccer) and entertainment events.
The Stadium’s capacity was determined following extensive consultation, research, analysis and benchmarking of other stadium capacities.
Optus Stadium is the third largest capacity stadium in Australia with 13 different product options based on location and hospitality options.
Key considerations to determine the seating capacity:
- Over two years of research including consultation with all sporting codes that will use the Stadium.
- Creating a seating bowl that maximises atmosphere, giving every fan an exceptional view.
- Keeping fans as close to the on-field action as possible.
- Ensuring capacity is not too large to lose atmosphere for regular events.
- Forecast population growth for Perth.
- Historic and long term forecasts of attendances at regular season fixtures and international events.
- Up to 5,000 drop-in seats positioned on all four sides of the pitch for rectangular sports, increasing the capacity to up to 65,000 seats.
- Concerts to allow a capacity of 70,000.
- Designed to expand to 70,000 seats for AFL events within the existing structure when the demand warrants it.
Attendance statistics for AFL matches:
- Average attendance at Domain Stadium for AFL matches in 2014: 35,064
- Average attendance for all AFL matches across Australia in 2014: 32,333
- Highest attendance for an AFL match at Domain Stadium: 43,627
(West Coast v Collingwood 14 September 2007)