The Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), also known locally as “The ‘G”, is an Australian sports stadium located in Yarra Park, Melbourne, Victoria. Founded and managed by the Melbourne Cricket Club, it is the largest stadium in the southern hemisphere, the 11th largest globally, and the second largest cricket ground by capacity.
The MCG is within walking distance of the city center and is served by the Richmond and Jolimont train stations, as well as Route 70, Route 75 and Route 48 streetcars. It is adjacent to Melbourne Park and is part of the Melbourne Sports and Entertainment Precinct.
ICC T20 World Cup 2022 Schedule, Fixtures, Matches at Melbourne Cricket Ground. Watch Men’s T20 world cup 2022 updates, news. T20 WC 2022 fixtures, schedule, teams, squads, groups, live telecast and live streaming info.
ICC T20 World Cup 2022 Matches at Melbourne Cricket Ground:
The ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 has announced its fixtures for the October 16 – November 13 event. The world’s best cricketers from 16 international teams will clash in 45 matches as the pinnacle global event in men’s T20 cricket comes to Australia for the first time. The following international matches will be played at Melbourne Cricket Ground:
|23rd Oct 2022||Pakistan vs India||16th||2||13:00 IST | 08:00 GMT | 19:00 Local|
|26th Oct 2022||England vs B2||20th||1||09:30 IST | 04:00 GMT | 15:00 Local|
|26th Oct 2022||New Zealand vs Afghanistan||21st||1||13:00 IST | 08:00 GMT | 19:00 Local|
|28th Oct 2022||Afghanistan vs B2||25th||1||09:30 IST | 04:00 GMT | 15:00 Local|
|28th Oct 2022||England vs Australia||26th||1||13:00 IST | 08:00 GMT | 19:00 Local|
|6th Nov 2022||India vs B1||42nd||2||13:00 IST | 08:00 GMT | 19:00 Local|
|13th Nov 2022||Final||45th||13:00 IST | 08:00 GMT | 19:00 Local|
Full fixtures and ticketing information are available at t20worldcup.com
First Round Play Teams:
- Group A: Sri Lanka, Namibia, United Arab Emirates, TBD
- Group B: Ireland, Scotland, West Indies, TBD
Super 12 Play Teams:
- Group 1: Australia, England, New Zealand, Afghanistan, Group A Winner, Group B Runner-up
- Group 2: Pakistan, India, South Africa, Bangladesh, Group B Winner, Group A Runner-up
ICC T20 World Cup 2022 Full Schedule:
ICC T20 WC 2022 cricket tournament will be starts on 16 October – 13 November 2022. 16 teams will play a total of 42 matches. In T20 World Cup Schedule, 12 matches will be played in First Round and 30 matches will be played in the Super 12. After that, Semi-Finals and Final matches will be playing. You can see the complete schedule of ICC T20 WC 2022 on the link given below.
Melbourne Cricket Ground Information:
|Also Known as:||MCG, The “G”|
|Phone#:||+61 3 9657 8867|
|Owner:||Government of Victoria|
|Operator:||Melbourne Cricket Club|
|Ends Name:||Members End, Great Southern Stand End|
|Field Size:||172.9m long, 147.8m wide|
|Home Teams:||Victoria Team|
Melbourne Stars (BBL)
Melbourne Football Club (AFL)
Richmond Football Club (AFL)
Collingwood Football Club (AFL)
Essendon Football Club (AFL)
Hawthorn Football Club (AFL)
Carlton Football Club (AFL)
Melbourne Storm (Rugby League)
|Others Sports:||Australian Rules Football, Soccer, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Lawn Bowls, Squash|
|Time Zone:||UTC +11:00|
Melbourne Cricket Ground History
From 1854 to 1876, two grandstands for visitors and a stand for members were developed on the ground. In 1897, a second-tier was added to the stands, while in the early 20th century, new stands were built, demolishing the old, broken material. In 2005, the Olympic, members’, and Ponsford stands were flattened to make new comfortable seating. Recently in 2020, new floodlights and rooftop lights were installed for a better view.
In 1861, the first grandstand for visitors had a seating capacity of 6,000 people. Many developments have happened since then by demolishing and making new seating places. Right now, the seating capacity of this ground is 100,024 people, placing it second on the list of largest cricket grounds by capacity.
The ground is surrounded by seven gates and four stands, which are divided into four different levels. One hundred nine executive suites are available, and a stand is reserved for members only. Every stand contains a corporate room, suite, cafe, or bar for dining.
Melbourne Cricket Ground Parking
There are various parking garages around the stadium and sports club; the cheapest option would be the eastern car park service at 7$; prices differ according to the event. For free parking, you can find a street in Wellington Parade with a walking distance of 12-15 minutes.
The stadium’s pitch is favorable to both batters and bowlers; bouncers get a slight advantage at the start, but batters can score freely after some time. However, it’s not spin-friendly. In 1996, it was changed to a drop-in pitch to host various matches with ease.
Melbourne Cricket Ground Notable Events & Records
The history of Melbourne cricket ground is filled with records and memorable victories. In the southern hemisphere, it is the largest cricket ground and the 11th largest globally. Some highlights of its history are:
- In 1926, the highest first-class cricket score of 1107 between Victoria and New South Wales was recorded in this stadium.
- In 1984, the first ODI match that ended with a tie was hosted at MCG between West Indies and Australia.
- It was an essential part of the 1956 summer Olympics, also known as the Melbourne Olympics.
- In 2010, the stadium hosted a game between Australia and Pakistan, where Shaun Tait bowled the world’s third-fastest bowl (160.7kph).
- Some matches of the ICC Cricket World Cup of 1992 and 2015 were also played on this ground.
- In 2020, the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup final was hosted on this ground between India and Australia.
- This ground holds the record for the world’s tallest floodlights to date.
|First Test:||15 – 19 March 1877|
|First ODI:||5 January 1971|
|First T20I:||1 February 2008|
|Highest Test Score:||624/8 by AUS vs PAK (2016)|
|Lowest Test Score:||36/10 by RSA vs AUS (1932)|
|Highest ODI Score:||344/8 by ICCWXI vs ASIAXI (2005)|
|Lowest ODI Score:||94/10 by ENG vs AUS (1979)|
|Highest T20 Score:||184/4 by AUSW vs INDW (2020)|
|Lowest T20 Score:||74/10 by IND vs AUS (2008)|
- On 15 October 2021, a series of matches will be hosted between Tasmania and Victoria.
- From 10 December 2021, this ground will play a vital role in holding matches for the Big Bash League 2021-2022.
- On 26 December 2021, the ground will host a test match between Australia and England.
- In 2022, the ground will also host a T20 match between Australia and Sri Lanka.
Melbourne Cricket Ground Map/Location
Here is the complete address of Melbourne Cricket Ground:
Brunton Ave, Richmond,