How To Copy Songs From An iPod To A Computer? You might want to listen to your favorite songs on your computer or save a copy of your music so you don’t lose it. Even if you don’t have an iPod anymore, you might not want to waste the money you spent on iTunes. In this article, we’ll show you a few easy ways to save time and get all of your songs onto your PC.
How to Move Music from an iPod to a PC in Windows 10
iTunes lets you move songs from your iPod to your PC.
iTunes is a free desktop app that is a great way to save music to your computer. Here’s what you do:
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPod to your computer, and then open the latest version of iTunes on your PC.
- Go to the sidebar on the left and look for “Music.”
- Choose the songs, playlists, or albums you want to sync, and then press the “Apply” button.
- Open your computer’s “Documents” folder and look for “This PC” on the left sidebar. Find the folder called “Music” and open it to look through the music you’ve synced.
Bring back Purchases
You can get your iTunes purchases back and download them again on your PC. Just do what’s written below:
- Open iTunes and look for the drop-down menu under “Account.”
- Click the button that says “Purchased.”
- Find the “Not in My Library” tab in the top part of your screen.
- Choose the songs you want to save and click “Download.”
Then, you should be able to stream the songs you downloaded.
With iCloud, you can move songs from an iPod to a Windows 10 PC.
With iCloud, you can also move songs from an iPod to a PC. Here’s what you do:
- Turn on your iPod’s “iCloud Music Library” setting. Most of the time, this option is turned on by default. If you accidentally turned it off, you can turn it back on by going to “Settings” and finding the “iCloud” option. Then, find “iCloud Music Library” and turn it on.
- Open “iTunes” on your PC and click “Preferences” to check the “iCloud Music Library” box. Once you’ve done this, iTunes should automatically sync all of the songs you’ve bought.
- From there, you can download songs to your computer by clicking the “Download” button next to a song or album.
How to Move Music from an iPod to a PC Without Using iTunes
If you don’t have iTunes or just want to use a different method, you might want to look into a couple of options.
Use Dropbox to move songs from an iPod to a PC
You can move your music to your PC without a USB cable or the iTunes app by using Dropbox. Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Make sure that your computer and iPod both have Dropbox.
Here is where you can get the app.
- On your iPod, open “Dropbox” and sign in to your account. If you don’t have an account, click “I don’t have an account” to sign up.
- Put the songs on your iPod on “Dropbox.”
- Open “Dropbox” on your computer and look for the file that has your music. After that, you should be able to get it on your computer.
How to Use iTunes to Move Songs From iPod to Mac
Make sure that iTunes won’t delete your music while it’s syncing before you start the transfer process. To avoid this, do these things:
- Go to “Preferences” by opening iTunes.
- Select “Devices” and check the box next to “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from Automatically Syncing.” Then, click “OK” and close the app.
After making sure iTunes doesn’t delete your songs, you can safely move them to your Mac.
Take the following steps:
- Make sure you have iTunes installed on your Mac device.
- Start the app called “iTunes” on your computer.
- Click “Account,” then “Authorizations,” and then tap “Authorize this computer” to make transfers possible.
- Use the sync cable to connect your iPod to your computer, and then choose your iPod.
- Select “Transfer Purchases” from the menu that pops up. If you don’t see this option, go to “File” and then “Device” to find the “Transfer Purchases” tab.
AirDrop lets you move songs from an iPod to a Mac.
Some people think this is the easiest way to move music from an iPod to a computer without using iTunes. But before you try this method, make sure that the following are true of your devices:
- At least iOS7 works with your iPod.
- At the very least, your Mac device works with OS X Yosemite.
- Both of your devices have Wi-Fi on and are close to each other.
After you’ve done that, you can move on to the next steps:
- An airDrop must be turned on for both devices.
- Use the “Music” app on your iPod to find the songs you want to move.
- Find the three dots on your screen, and then choose the “Share Song” tab.
- Choose your Mac as the device to receive the transfer, and then click “Accept” on your computer to confirm it.
Smart technology makes things easy.
With the right software and tools, it’s easy to move songs from your iPod to your PC. We’ve given you a set of quick and easy solutions in our guide. We hope that you will find a choice that works best for you.