How To Change Your Location And Watch Outside The US? Hulu can’t stream TV shows, movies, and episodes outside the US because it has contracts with US media providers that say it can’t. You can’t stream Hulu on your devices if you’re in Canada, the UK, Mexico, or any other country besides the US.
So, what do you do if you want to watch your favourite TV show or sports game while you’re in a different state or country? What do you do if you have temporarily moved to a new workstation but still want to read the latest news about your state? Don’t fret. You’ll be glad to know there’s a way to get around Hulu’s location restrictions and make sure you can stream without interruptions.
How to Change Locations on a FireStick with Hulu
The Amazon FireStick, also called the Fire TV Stick, plugs into an HDMI port on your TV or computer and gives you instant access to both streaming services and the internet. The FireStick is powered by Android, which means it can run any app from the Google Play app store, including Hulu.
If you’re using a FireStick to stream Hulu, it’s easy to change your location and watch your favourite channels from anywhere in the world. This is how:
- Make sure you have an active subscription to ExpressVPN. To do this, go to the website and choose the package you want.
- Put ExpressVPN on your FireStick. Just look for ExpressVPN in the app store for the Fire TV Stick.
- Open the ExpressVPN app and sign in by entering your login information.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up a VPN connection after clicking “configure your VPN.”
- Click “Turn on” once ExpressVPN is set up.
- Click where you want to go.
- Select “United States” as your preferred location, and then choose the city where your server will be. To get access to the local and regional channels that are part of your Home network, choose the city that is closest to where your Home network is.
How to Change Hulu’s Location on a Smart TV
Most smart TVs now have Hulu as an option. In fact, almost all smart TVs that run on Android now come with Hulu as a built-in app. If you want to watch Hulu without being limited by where you live, you need to:
- You can sign up for ExpressVPN on the official website.
- Open the app store on your smart TV.
- In the search box, type “ExpressVPN” and click “Go.”
- Once you find the ExpressVPN app, click on it and choose “Install.”
- After installing the app, open it and sign in by entering your credentials.
- Follow the steps on the screen after clicking “configure your VPN” to set up a VPN connection.
- Click the “On” button.
- Click where you want to go.
- Choose the city that’s closest to where your Hulu Home network is.
- Start Hulu and choose a channel to watch.
How to Change Where Hulu Is Playing on a PC
One of the best things about Hulu is that if you have a PC, you can watch your favourite channels without a separate media player. You can use your browser to go to the official Hulu website and watch anything you want without having to install anything. If you use a PC to access Hulu, it’s easy to change your geo-location:
- You can get an ExpressVPN plan from the website for company.
- Get the ExpressVPN app for Windows and install it.
- Open the app and sign in to your account once the installation is done.
- Click “Turn on,” and then click the three horizontal dots next to “Smart Location” on the app. You can set up a custom location with this.
- Select “United States” as your preferred location, and then choose the city where your server will be. Connect to a server in the city you (used to) live in to make sure you can still watch all the channels in your Hulu Home network even if you’re travelling.
How to Move Hulu to a Different Location on an iPhone
If your iPhone has iOS 12 or a later version, you can download the Hulu app and watch all the channels that are available in your area. And what’s best? You can get around Hulu’s geo-restrictions and watch US TV channels even if you’re not in the US.
- Open Safari.
- Visit the ExpressVPN website and choose a plan that works for you.
- Get the ExpressVPN app for your iPhone or iPad.
- Sign in to your account once the app is set up.
- Tap “Connect,” and then choose the server location you want from the list.
- And with that, you’ll be able to stream local, regional, or national Hulu channels from anywhere in the world.
How to Change the Location on an Android Device Running Hulu
If you use an Android device to watch Hulu, ExpressVPN makes it easy to change your location. This is how:
- Get an account with ExpressVPN.
- Get the ExpressVPN app for Android and install it.
- Launch the app once it’s been set up, and then enter your account information to sign in.
- Click “Connect.”
- By default, ExpressVPN always sets a Smart Server Location that locks in the fastest speed for browsing. If the chosen location is in the US, you won’t have to do anything else to get around Hulu’s geo-restrictions. But if you know where you want the server to be, go to step 6.
- Click on the three horizontal dots to the right of “Smart Location.”
- Choose the location of the VPN server you want from the list of “Recommended Locations” or “All Locations.”
Hulu location change
When you join up with Hulu, you set up a home network. Hulu uses your IP address and GPS to determine your location when your subscription begins. A Home network streams live TV and automatically accesses local and regional channels. You can’t watch these networks outside the US. Hulu uses Home to enforce US media providers’ geo-restrictions. Philadelphia’s CBS 3 is one example. Philadelphia has the channel, but New York doesn’t.
Some channels are nationwide, meaning they’re available nationwide. MSNBC, Fox, AMC, and ESPN are included. Outside the US, local and national channels are blocked. Hulu Live TV’s website lets you change your Home network. How-to:
- Sign in to Hulu Live TV by going to its official website and entering your login information.
- Click your profile picture. This should take you to where you can manage your account.
- Click the “Account” link.
- Go to the section called “Privacy and Settings.”
- Click “Change or Set Home.” At this point, Hulu will figure out where you are automatic.
- Make sure the new location is correct and save the changes.
Manually altering your Home network has limits. You can only move four times a year. Second, it doesn’t work outside the US. Mobile internet users can’t change location. Tunnel your internet connection through an American proxy server to watch Hulu from wherever. You’ll need a VPN (VPN).
ExpressVPN is a popular Hulu VPN. With over 300 US servers, it lets you stream Hulu from anywhere in the world. ExpressVPN works with smart TVs, PCs, Android, Mac, iOS, Firestick, and Roku. Let’s examine how ExpressVPN may alter your Hulu location based on your device.
Check Also How To Create A Round Picture In Canva?