How To Change The Language On Netflix? Netflix offers language-specific content and settings. The feature is fantastic, but it can cause confusion when the screen displays a foreign language. Maybe someone mistakenly set the language, someone is using your account, or you need to change the default. Knowing how to alter Netflix language is useful. This article explains how to change Netflix’s language on all platforms.
How to Change Netflix to a Different Language on a Windows, Mac, or Chromebook
Changing the language settings for Netflix on a PC, Mac, or Chromebook is the same process. To change the language on Netflix, follow the steps below.
Follow these steps to change the Profile Language Settings:
- Go to the website for Netflix.
- Sign in now if you are not already signed in.
- Click the profile icon in the upper right corner of your Home screen.
- Click on Account in the drop-down menu. If you can’t read the choices because they are written in a different way, the answer should be the one right after the line.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of your Account page to find the My Profile section. Click on Language. It should be a choice right below your profile picture. If the first link doesn’t open the language page, you can always try the other links.
- On the Language screen, you can choose the language you want to use. Each language is written in its own way, so it should be easy to find what you are looking for.
- Click on Save once you’ve chosen the language you want.
- You should now see your account screen in the language you chose.
Steps to change the subtitles and sound
- Go to the website for Netflix.
- Sign in to the account whose language setting you want to change.
- Choose any show title from the home screen and click on it. Let the show start.
- Click the Pause button when it starts to play. It should be the button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Hover over the menu bars when the game is paused. Click on the subtitles icon at the bottom right of the menu. It is the one that looks like a speech bubble.
- You will have options for both the sound and the subtitles. Keep in mind that the languages you can use depend on both the show and the language settings in your profile. Not every show is translated into every language. If the language you want isn’t one of the options, you’ll have to turn it on on your profile page. Follow the instructions above on how to change the language of your profile.
- Now, your sound and subtitles should be different. If not, you may need to reload the video for the changes to take effect.
How to Change Netflix’s Language on the Mobile App
On the mobile version of the Netflix app, it is also possible to set up the wrong language. The good news is that it’s not too hard to fix. Follow these steps to change the default language of Netflix for Android from what it is now. To change the settings for the Profile Language on Android, do the following:
- Open your Netflix mobile app. Note that you’ll need a connection to the internet to do this.
- Sign in and choose the profile whose language settings you want to change.
- The More options menu is in the bottom right corner of the screen. This is the picture with three lines.
- Tap “Account.” If you don’t know what the other options are, it should be the second one after the line. The My List option should be checked off and appear above the line.
- You’ll be taken to the page for your Netflix account. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to see the icons of all the profiles you can use with this account. Click the arrow with three dots next to the profile you want to change.
- Tap the Change button next to Language. It should be the second choice in the list.
- You will be able to choose which language you want to switch to. Luckily, these options are shown in the script of each language, so it’s easy to find the one you want.
- Once you’ve chosen the language you want, scroll down and tap Save.
- You can now leave this screen and go back to the home page of your Netflix app. Now, your language settings should be different.
How to Change Netflix’s Language on an Apple TV
The actual profile language settings are determined by the website, not the platform, as is the case with other streaming devices. However, if you wish to modify the subtitles on your Apple TV, do the following:
- Go to the Home Screen of your Apple TV.
- Go to the menu and select Settings.
- Choose General from the list of options.
- Deciding on Accessibility.
- You will either see Closed Captions + SDH or find that option under Subtitles and Captioning, depending on the model of your Apple TV.
- You can modify the subtitle settings using this menu.
- Once you’re done, leave this screen by navigating.
How to Change Netflix’s Language on a Smart TV
The audio and subtitle settings for smart TVs can now be changed independently of the Netflix app. Depending on your model, consult the manual for your Smart TV to learn how to change the language settings. The settings are typically found someplace under System Settings under the Language options.